Standing out against competitor beauty clinics can be a challenge, particularly online. At InMode we have years of marketing within the health and beauty industry. Today we would like to share some of our marketing wisdom to help you with your clinic’s success.
1. Create a brand identity
Your brand identity is the way your brand is seen and known by others. It includes your brand’s logo, aesthetic, fonts, colours, design of assets and tone of voice. It is important to keep this brand identity consistent across all touchpoints, this is anywhere your customers interact with your brand i.e social media, emails, ads, therapists. It’s a good idea to create a brand guideline so if there are multiple people helping with marketing activity, that all communication looks similar.
- Having a strong and consistent brand will help with brand recognition, which will make your advertising efforts more effective.
- It builds trust and credibility, this is important for beauty brands as customers want to be sure they will get the quality of service they are paying for.
- It can build customer loyalty which in turn can help with price sensitivity.
Here is one of our Instagram posts. In it, we show our brand identity through the use of our brand colours, fonts and logos.
Good content begins with research. Conducting some form of research will help you establish what appeals to your target client base, what kind of content will be effective for persuading them and also for your SEO (more on that later). Research doesn’t need to cost a lot of your time and budget. Types of research:
- Casual conversations with clients, friends and family.
- Sending out surveys or feedback requests to clients after their treatments.
- Reading reviews, for example on Google or Facebook.
- Social listening, reading any mentions of your brand on social media.
- Keywords research, by understanding what keywords are used by your target audience when they search for your services, you will have a better idea of what content will capture their attention.
3. Boost your SEO (Search Engine Optimisation)
If you search for your clinic or the services you provide, and you don’t appear on Google, it means your website has a poor Google ranking. This is where SEO comes into play. There are a lot of factors that affect your ranking but put simply, Google is trying to provide the best and most helpful content for the person searching for it. The list of what Google (or any other search engines) are looking for is endless and if you really want to get into it, it would be wise to consult an SEO expert but there are a number of actions you can take to have a considerable impact on your results, such as:
- Mobile friendly
- Fast loading speed
- Keep content up to date
- Identify and target one specific keyword or keyword phrase for each content page on your website (do not ‘stuff’ keywords into content). For example; ‘RF Microneedling’ or ‘collagen rejuvenation procedures’.
- Try using free keyword tools such as Ubersuggest or Ranktracker to find related keywords for your target audience.
- Content is king
- Content and blogging are essential for search engine rankings. The more helpful and quality content you have using your target keywords, the higher you will rank. It is also a great way to show that you are an industry expert.
- For beauty clinics, there’s so much content to write about. For example, you can write blogs on the technologies you use, testimonials with before and afters or how to post-treatment care.
- Google ranks local businesses higher as it is more useful for users. For example, if someone in Sydney CBD searches ‘Beauty clinic near me’, Google will offer the best-ranking beauty clinic in the area, even if a clinic in Melbourne has a much better SEO ranking.
- To maximise on this, ensure you have claimed your ‘Google My Business’ account’
Social media is an amazing free tool that every clinic should be leveraging. Not only does it allow you to send massaging and updates, but it also allows you to build a community with all your loyal clients. Many customers these days look for brands' social media channels to see if a brand is well established and trustworthy. By maintaining a presence, replying to reviews and joining conventions, customers can see your great customer service and will feel more confident when they part with their money.
- Decide the channel
The first step is to decide which social media channels you should be on. There’s no need to join every channel as that would require a lot of effort and you will eventually burn out. Simply find out where your customers are. If they are over 30, they are likely to be on Facebook and Instagram. If they are below 30, TikTock could be a good option too.
It’s important to have consistency on social media. To ensure that you never miss a post, you can use a scheduling tool. They are huge time savers. Instead of trying to come up with something ad hoc each day, you can dedicate one afternoon to creating and scheduling your content for the entire month. There are countless options for scheduling tools, such as Feedly, Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc. They all vary in price and capabilities. Shop around to find one that suits your needs best. If you are just using Facebook and Instagram, the Facebook Business Suite offers some scheduling capabilities.
There are several benefits to using hashtags. The biggest one is to increase exposure and discoverability. If you use relevant hashtags in a post, when users are interested in a certain topic and search for it, they might see your posts. For example, if someone is interested in getting RF Microneedling and want to see content on the treatment before getting is they may search for #rfmicroneedling on Instagram. There they will see many testimonials and ‘before and afters’ and hopefully, a post from your clinic (if you offer it).
Another great use of hashtags is branded hashtags which you can use to encourage your followers to use as a form of engagement.
Experiment with different content ideas such as video, image, live stream, influencer collaborations and co-marketing with a local business. After the experiments, use the analytics tools built into the social media platforms to see which resonates best with your audience and build future campaigns from these results.
5. Word of Mouth Marketing (Reviews)
Beauty clinics require clients to have a lot of trust in them, as your services affect their appearance. People trust online reviews almost as much as a personal recommendation. That is huge! Therefore if you don’t collect reviews from your clients you’re really missing out. By claiming your Google My Business account and creating a Facebook Business page you’ll be able to receive reviews. Go out of your way to request them from clients that you know had a positive experience. A simple follow up email asking them for feedback is all you need. You may be surprised how many people are happy to leave reviews if you just ask.
6. Invest in Advertising
All of the above advice will increase your clinic's visibility online but it will take some time to see the results. A good option for a quick win is to invest in ads that are effectively targeted towards your target clients. Google ads are a good option if you know that your target clients tend to search for the solutions your clinic offers. Advertising on social media is a great way to target a specific audience if you are trying to grow awareness of your clinic and its treatments.
7. Offer World-Class Products
Marketing can only get you so far, you also need to ensure that you are offering customers the best products they can get. InMode has countless award-winning technologies that can give your clinic a competitive edge. Contact us today to find out what InMode technologies can help your clinic reach its full potential.