You are what you eat, the words drilled into us from a young age. In many cases, it’s true that foods impact the way our bodies respond and function, including how they look. We’ve tried pampering face masks made from home ingredients like honey and avocado for skin tightening but here’s a list of the top foods dermatologists recommend to purify, brighten and for skin tightening the natural way.
At InMode we believe in pairing treatments with a balanced diet and exercise for longevity and optimum benefits.
Superfoods for skin brightening and skin tightening:
From A to T
- Avocados – full of fatty acids that help hydrate the skin
- Beets – help detoxify with antioxidants, which create an anti-inflammatory effect
- Berries – rich in antioxidants and help lower cholesterol, prevent gray hair, aid in weight loss, detoxification and skin tightening
- Bright vegetables (like carrots and red peppers)-high in antioxidants, carotenoids and vitamin C
- Citrus – loaded with vitamin C to aid the production of collagen
- Coconut Oil – a medium chain triglyceride with high levels of vitamin E, and antifungal and antibacterial properties
- Cruciferous Vegetables, like kale and broccoli-promote collagen production through vitamin C, zinc and selenium
- Cucumber – helps to flush out water retention and hydrate the skin; contains vitamin k, b, copper, and potassium and is great for skin tightening
- Fatty Fish – omega 3 fatty acids which are incredibly important for your skin and brains health and vibrancy
- Greek Yogurt – packed with vitamins and probiotics to help keep your skin clear
- Green Tea – full of antioxidants and polyphenols which fight free radicals. Also contains EGCG (Epigallocatechingallate), which flushes out toxins and speeds metabolism
- Hot Peppers – contain capsaicin, which increases metabolism by approximately 20-30% and keeps that rev going for hours after you’ve eaten them.
- Leafy Greens – full of vitamin K, which may help with arterial and kidney decalcification, as well as strong bones and teeth
- Olive Oil – contains heart-healthy fats and boosts the function of your thyroid, which regulates metabolism.
- Oysters – selenium and zinc for skin tightening and improved elasticity
- Tomatoes – contains lycopene, which helps to shield us from the sun’s harmful rays naturally
- Turmeric – a powerful anti-inflammatory
All of these foods are readily available in supermarkets as health food stores. Planning a diet based around skin brightening and skin tightening will also help with other functions of the body.
The Optimal Skin Tightening Package
Pairing a balanced diet and lifestyle with InMode treatments for skin tightening is how we recommend to tackle healthier looking skin for the future.
Below are our treatments built for skin tightening and contouring:
Morpheus8- Fractional RF Microneedling technology to target deep layers of a patient’s skin and remodel collagen. Perfect to treat skin laxity on the face and body
Forma-The only auto-adjusting thermal skin treatment for collagen remodelling and skin tightening for the face, and smaller areas of the body. Forma stimulates the formation of new collagen and improves the skin’s elasticity for long-lasting and remarkable results with no downtime and the treatment feels like a hot stone massage.
FaceTite-An advanced contouring system to treat a patient’s face and their small areas. FaceTite is minimally invasive and is the next best alternative to facelifts without the invasive surgery.
BodyTite- the minimally invasive option for those who are not ready for a surgery but want optimal body contouring results. With bodytite you bridge the gap between surgical and non-surgical procedures.
EvolveTite- harnesses the power of radiofrequency energy to remodel and tighten the skin and improve its appearance.
To find out where you can get these treatments go to the clinic finder here